Friday, September 29, 2006

caught in a web(ster).

By Challi

This week's cover of Zoo Weekly features forgotten Sydney 2000 singing starlet Nikki Webster in racy lingerie and promises more pictures of her like that in the magazine.

Now right now you're either thinking "Giggidy giggidy giggidy" or "eww" or "I don't care" or "How the hell did I end up on this website?" or all of the above but I was just thinking "Why not? She's 19 and she's got a nice body, more power to her", but I'm still not buying the magazine. I know it's cheap but I'd only be getting it for Nikki and I don't want to even get it for that. I learnt my lesson from her first shoot in a Zoo weekly magazine that I actually bought. It said "Look what's happened to Nikki Webster" and it featured her in a two piece. I bought it, conveniently I was in Queensland at the time so nobody I knew, except my cousin, knows that I bought it, but now you do. Dammit!

Anyway, I was kind of excited to see her but when I looked at the pictures I was kind of disappointed. I'm sure Patrick won't appreciate me posting smut on the blog, we're way too refined for that, so just search nikki+webster+zoo in Google and you can see what I mean. She doesn't smile in the majority of her photos!

I know the oogling of her body is degrading and demeaning to both her and I, but she doesn't need to remind us of it! She has a look of disgust on her face like I just walked in on her while she was getting changed. Now excuse me while I talk in second person. Just pretend you're Nikki for a moment.

How about a little smile, girl? You're getting paid to wear barely anything and look pretty, not make us feel bad about ourself! That look of disgust is really discouraging and a real turn-off anyway, especially because you show your buckteeth when you do it, I hope you don't stare at your boyfriend in that way when he's pleasuring himself to your pictures.

Ok, you aren't Nikki Webster anymore, not that you ever were.

If it wasn't for the pictures semi-naked women, Zoo magazine would not be worth buying at all. It's just a whole lot of poorly pieced together articles with a section full of jpegs that are all available from the freaking internet anyway. So I want to get what I paid for: Scantily clad women looking pretty and looking like they enjoy it, and I don't feel dirty because they've still almost got clothes on.

and before you try to connect this with what I do during the night with the door closed, I say this:
Shut up, you do it too, just not as frequently.
-C

5 comments:

PJK said...

When you mentioned "Zoo Weekly" I actually assumed it was some sort of obscure greeny animal-lovers' magazine marketed towards the type of raging zoo-nerds I encountered regularly when I was volunteering at the Adelaide Zoo for community service (crazy IB diploma and its crazy rules -- but that's another rant for another time).

I'm not opposed to the idea of posting picxors, provided we keep it tasteful. Maybe an unenthusiast(s)' babe-of-the-week award is in order? And though I personally don't find Ms. Webster hot, I do agree with you on the whole pout-factor issue. Kudos to models who actually smile!

PS. Nikki Webster is 19!?!?

Challi said...

Nah, I'll avoid posting smutty pictures just so the blog looks kind of professional.

and yeah, Nikki Webster is 19, she sure as hell doesn't look it though.

Caity said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1D_WAXLZo0&mode=related&search=

nuff said.
No one should look at her. EVER.

Heatherez said...

heather is hot

with a capital h.... making her Hot

yeah

y'all know it, just bow down to my superiority in looks.. oh and brains too...

PJK said...

Oh I totally agree!! Heather is way hot. And a talented actress too. Wait... we are talking about Heather Graham here aren't we?