Tuesday, July 17, 2007

a Chip off the old 'munk?

By Challi

I'm all for the upcoming wave of live-action movie remakes of old cartoons. They're great for nostalgia value and good fun for the adults who grew up on them to take their kids to so that they can wonder why the hell their parents liked crap like this. It's also a great distraction for Hollywood to give to the moviegoers until they can actually come up with something original. I can't wait to see how Hollywood have remade Speed Racer, Tintin and The Jetsons using their own unique adaptations which are still somehow loyal to the original show in some way.

However, I do have some sort of dignity and, although I know I should never judge a movie by its poster, I think I'm going to have to try to avoid the following movie. I think it speaks for itself:

May God have mercy on us all.

-C

No comments: