Thursday, April 26, 2007

the nostril sneer.

By PJK

I haven't blogged about my experiences of being a law student yet, so here's one recent anecdote from my chat logs that should provide a revealing glimpse of what goes on:
Pat: so get this
Pat: GET THIS
Pat: I'm up at the assignment office
Tyson: that is?
Pat: ugg
Pat: its the office where you hand in assignments and get them back
Pat: so anyway I'm at the assignment office
Pat: I ask the lady if she has an assignment for me (I knew there was one I was supposed to get back just couldn't remember which). but she just HAS to be a bitch about it and demands to know for what subject specifically
Pat: so I'm like, torts (I guess)
Pat: she goes, nope nothing for torts
Pat: and then shes like, oh wait, have you got back the last assignment?
Pat: and I have one of those moments where I can't really remember because there are so many freaking assignments its impossible to remember which ones Ive collected
Pat: so I pause and go.. "I'm not sure.."
Pat: anyway some bitch in line behind me does that laugh where, its not really a full laugh because it wouldn't be polite, but she just kind of sneers through her nostrils
Pat: only I totally heard it
Tyson: so just as impolite really
Tyson: i know the one
Pat: I'm thinking, fuck you bitch, not everyone is thinking about their assignments 24/7
Pat: I overheard a conversation she was having with her friends before hand
Pat: she's one of those freaks who organises every little detail of her life down to the Nth degree
Pat: she was there picking up some assignment that had only just been given back
Pat: obviously she found it amusing that someone could pay less attention to their assignments than she does
Pat: anyway suffice to say that was a very boring story but the point is LAW STUDENTS ARE ASSHATS
Pat: yes even me. probably especially me but that's not the point
Just to clarify, the bitch in question was some random from another year, I didn't know her. Stuff like this (ie. something or someone doing something trivial to piss me off) happens pretty much daily.

So basically it's no different from anything else.

No comments: